Monday, April 03, 2006

Funny nightmares

It's been the oddest thing. I've been having nightmares about the wedding, but not the kind I'd expect to have. The first one was on the actual wedding day, finding out that everyone who hadn't RSVPed decided to show up. EVERYONE, even if they hadn't gotten an invitation or if they didn't even know us. My main memory of the dream was of me sitting on the ground, watching double decker buses (the ones in London) go past me and onto the lawn for the ceremony. My main thought was how we'd make the cake last for everyone.

Last night took that cake. I woke up convinced that everything had gone to hell planning-wise. Why? Because the dream was that Pros and I, before the wedding, had to produce and star in a production of Pirates of Penzance! Why? I have no idea, but my main terror was that Pros is a baritone and could never sing the tenor lead part of Fredrick. To make matters worse, he was practicing a song from the wrong show! It was enough to wake me up moaning in horror, convinced that my dress had been altered to look like Mabel's costume, which was white and orange.

At least I can laugh at these odd trips into my subconscious.

No comments: