Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Home Stretch!


Tomorrow is one month from W-Day! I'm finally getting to a place where I'm looking forward to the wedding instead of dreading the whole weekend. The shoes, despite my shrinking feet, somehow fit; saving me time, money, and aggravation trying to find new silver slippers (kid you not, the shoes are silver).

Still haven't heard from the seamstress, which could put the stress in her title, but I'm not flipping out yet. Hopefully Doc still has her phone number so I can check on the progress. Worst case scenario, I own a white lace dress that would do in a total pinch. It shouldn't come to that.

Pros found a tuxedo he likes and that doesn't make him look like a waiter. He'll look wonderful, I'm sure. We both have had our rings shipped to us, which is probably more important than the dress. Mine is very unique titanium, his is tungsten carbide. These things are better built than the Space Shuttle.

The prezzies have started arriving. A note from my beloved high school English teacher with a check that I wasn't expecting. HUGE box of dishes from my brother and sister in law. We still owe them their gift, which is a weekend in the Bridal Suite at our favorite B&B.

Still dealing with the details, like making sure Cats is there since she's the officiant and finding time to aquire the wedding license. Worst case scenario, we'll get it the Thursday before the wedding, but I wouldn't mind a quick overnight trip to Somerset. Everything SHOULD get done, I hope!

No comments: