Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Waning days of living in sin

Oy, why do I feel like I'm too calm for my own good? My dress is just beautiful, although I'm a little unsure if the zipper is 100% lined up with the pattern in the front of the skirt. The seamstress designed a drawstring to yank the skirt into a perfect bustle, which looks just fabulous! How she managed this, but handed me a choker that is two different widths depending on if it's on the left or right side of my neck is beyond me. I'm steadfastly refusing to sweat the details.

Organizing picture taking details for the photographer's contract is another OY. It's mostly a matter of figuring out as many permutations of family members we can stand before someone needs to bring me something alcoholic. Making matters a little uncomfy is how to arrange pictures with Pros' parents, considering his stepmother has done so much work while his mom is showing up. Slight balancing act.

Apparently, my MOH (well, we only have one attendant each) has been emailing like crazy with several gals who are attending the rehearsal dinner, guaranteeing I'll be whisked away for a bachelorette party. If they try to stick a veil on my head, I may have to hurt someone. I'm not wearing a veil for the actual ceremony! Hopefully, the best man and my brother will take Pros out for a martini or two.

My college roomie Cats is a goddess of a pastor! She's putting together bulletins at her own expense and has done a ton of research to make this a personalized ceremony. With friends like this, who needs rabbis?

The only pain in the butt has been my dad. He grumbled so much about having to drive to airports to get people, I'm doing it myself. This includes getting my brother and his wife in Johnstown (of flood fame), then the pastor in Pittsburgh. Grumble...

Further bulletins as events warrant!

No comments: