Thursday, August 07, 2008

RIP Laptop

Unless my second opinion from The Laptop Guy yields an ability to repair a fried motherboard for under $300, I may offer to sell what's left (including a new hard drive) for scrap. Crudbunnies. According to my first opinion, I had neglected to unplug it during a lightning strike or some other power surge, and the whole thing went to hell one system at a time. I don't totally trust that first opinion, which explains why I'm getting a second one.

It's been an interesting week. Rockmaster hubby is still playing with bats all night and stumbling to bed between 3 and 4 am. I've been trying to amuse myself during the evenings, including taking myself out to dinner last night for amazing green pizza (The Hulk from Bono TO GO) and the most decadent nutella crepe I could imagine. The sugar high kept me going well through The Daily Show.

To be honest, I'm enjoying the opportunity to explore The Town of Cow on my own. I like going out and hanging with the guys over a beer, or just sitting with a book over a plate of something yummy.

No comments: