Saturday, November 08, 2008

Down but not out writing-wise

Got the news from my friend Kit that my play didn't make the final cut for production at Madlab, but that it was damn close. After an initial teensy wave of "CRAPITY CRAP" (but not that nice), I realized that if I made it this far after not writing an original play in fifteen years, I can do better next time. This is what I'm supposed to be doing with my creative energy. Just like my brother is writing screenplays, his wife is making amazing jewelry and my childhood friend Rich is... well, he's writing in every genre but Italian sonnet (but he probably could). I've always loved writing plays!

Now, what do I write about next? I have an idea based on my own marriage called "Rocket Science", but I would need a LOT of help from the Rockhubby for the technical jargon I'd want to write into the script. Otherwise it would come off as lame as the Professor on Gilligan's Island. I wonder how many playwrights try to tackle relationships, astrophysics and farting in the bedroom in one script?

No comments: