Friday, July 25, 2008

Doing well!

My laptop is repaired after the hard drive completely fried itself. I blame the summer heat. Now, the hubby and I are disagreeing on setting up things. He wants me to be able to run it as a thin client on our fileserver (which was built from the bones of my old desktop). I want to use my computer independently but back it up on the fileserver in case disaster once again strikes. Considering I didn't know what a thin client was until a few months ago, he probably has logic on his side. Hey, as long as I can take it to Stauf's or Luck Brothers and work over a cup of coffee and a pastry, I'll be happy.

Retook a technology test this morning for one of the schools thinking of hiring me. I think I passed, although I'm really rusty on PowerPoint. If that goes well, I should be okay for work this fall. The trick will then be to at least tithe onto Mastercard that which is Mastercard. Since we're now talking about taking advantage of the buyer's market and looking for a house in the next year, I should make sure our credit isn't wrecked.

The odd thing is, I'm enjoying this. It took me a long time, but it's fun to be an adult. Being married is pretty good too, even the nights when I'm on the couch to avoid the snoring upstairs.

No comments: