Friday, July 18, 2008

Grampa's feeling better

I'm assuming he is, because he apparently went out on a date a couple of nights ago. I'd call to ask how it went, but I don't want to embarrass him too much. Considering this was his first FIRST date in seventy years, I'm sure it was a little nerve-wracking for him.

Must admit, I was surprised when my dad told me about it. Grampa swore he was never going to date and would live the rest of his years on his own. I'm glad he decided against this. He's a good looking man who acts at least fifteen years younger than his age, he has most of his original teeth, can still drive at night and can ballroom dance like a champ (I could barely keep up with him at my wedding reception). Hell, I would consider signing him up for an AARP edition of The Bachelor!

I'm really, really happy that he isn't relying solely on my parents for company. I really, REALLY hope the lady he's seeing has good hearing, so every other word in the conversation isn't,

WHAT???

No comments: