Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Faceache and other annoyances

Well, yesterday was my first day back to work without prescription painkillers since my wisdom teeth were yanked. I was hurting so much, my ears started to ache and pop. Stupid me left for the office without bringing any Advil with me. Thankfully, one of the new accountants had four left, so I'm gulped them down as I typed. Today, I'm back home and back on the Tylenol with codeine.

Rockmaster hubby went on one of his purchasing benders and came home from Target with a flat screen television. I was NOT happy because I wasn't consulted or even warned (he had just gone out for some generic pharmacy stuff) until I tripped over the box in the kitchen. While I can understand why he picked it up (we had HD cable with a crap screen, the set was on sale, it was the last one), I was upset that he didn't call me with this plan. We probably would have argued a bit but then I would've given in, but I was out of the loop. He finally realized that I was sincerely upset, not about the television (which I might figure out how to use in a month) but about the lack of discussion. He apologized profusely, especially since I threatened to leave all the sets in the house tuned in to "I Love Money" if he does this again.

Once I've signed a contract with a school and once he's secure in his current job or elsewhere, I'll breathe a lot easier. We'll be able to live the DINK (duel-income, no kids) lifestyle at that point, and I won't mind an impulse purchase near as much. Fortunately, we still have plenty of savings so I can buy a bicycle soon.

No comments: