Saturday, September 03, 2005

Dear Mur,

You popped up in one of my dreams again, so I'm assuming there was something you wanted to tell me. It's so rare I remember my dreams, but the ones with you are fairly vivid, with you wanting to take me away for a talk. The problem is that I can never fully recollect the conversations once I'm awake and remember again that you died in 1997.

Did you want to make sure I haven't forgotten you? That's impossible, my dear one. Too much of the my life was wrapped up in yours, and to be honest, sometimes it's been difficult to move forward. However, I think you're happy that I have with someone as wonderful as Pros. You really would have loved him. He's as astute with wines as your father was without having that addiction. He loves me without having to battle a love of substances as you did. He's the only other person besides you that I'd consider as a husband, and since you're gone, it's a good thing he wants me as his wife!

Missing you is an odd thing after all these years. Just reread "The Lovely Bones" and I wonder how much you really do keep an eye on us from your life. Hopefully not too often now that there's so much else in the universe to explore. It's also a sad world to view from the outside, I'm sure. Your family is trying to move forward, but they have different ways of doing so. Hopefully they will manage to coordinate someday. I haven't seen or heard from your brother in years, and I miss that contact because he was becoming an amazing adult. He knew you even better than I did, and your death almost killed him, but he seems determined to live. He'll be okay in the long run once his body heals from his addictions.

You are not forgotten, and are lovingly captured in memories and dreams.

--Love, Moi
(little in joke there, if you remember)

1 comment:

christine mtm said...

oh, do i remember his death and how it affected you. i am glad that you still "keep in contact." love you