Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Solitude Sitting Around

Pros is out of town for over a week, and I've suddenly realized how isolated I am in this new place. Tried calling the two people I know who don't have kids or whatnot. One is working and the other never answers the phone anyway. It's unnerving to feel this alone in such a big place. It was nice for about a day, but now I'm starting to wonder when and if I'm going to find a group of friends who would just say, "Yeah, we're just making pasta, but feel free to come over."

This was one of the risks I took when I moved out here. What I didn't count on was that Pros isn't the most social man I've been with, so I've turned down a lot of invites out in the past because he wanted to watch a DVD instead. So now I'm able to get out on my own but have nowhere to go. Well, I could always go to the coffee shop and write / people watch, but that isn't quite the same.

Maybe I'll just go make some pasta for myself and catch a showing of "Broken Flowers" over at the local artsy theater. Maybe I'll stay in and catch the results from "Rockstar, INXS". Maybe I'll go exercise at the place I quit after two days of work. Maybe I'll play yet another round of "Civilization III".

Who knows? I'm DEFINITELY going out tomorrow night!

3 comments:

christine mtm said...

i love rock star inxs!!!

and i know exactly what you mean.

CatNFiddle said...

Yeah, it was worth staying in. I'm becoming a bit of a Marty fan!

Lynx said...

Hey--we didn't get together this weekend--bummer--OK--here's the deal--could you stay at our place this weekend? On Friday we're going "ghost hunting" (I'm a skeptic but what the hey) and on Saturday that improv comedy group I told you about is performing and since they're my NEXT DOOR NEIGHBORS (and really very cool!) they know where I live and will hunt me down if I don't go and you'd probably love it. Up for this?