Wednesday, September 14, 2005

New friends make things better

Yesterday evening was one of those times that almost made me regret moving. Just handling something as simple as covering the opening where my window was smashed was made difficult because I had no idea where the duct tape was in this house (after several attempts, I was able to call Pros for the location). Then, when I was able to relax for a second, I found our cable had been shut off because our bill has consistently been forwarded to Pros' old apartment.

Thankfully, I had previously made arrangements to meet a new aquaintence at a neighborhood bar within walking distance. "Wendy" is a bartender at another local watering hole, but this is where she goes to drink, so I decided to give it a shot. What a great place! Two pinball games, cheap as all hell drinks, and incredibly friendly regulars. Wendy and I sat out back and yapped until I was much calmer about living in Columbus, then kept drinking until she could barely keep her eyes open. A good time was had by all, and now I have a haven where I can have a vodka tonic while beating the crap out of a pinball.

Oh, the cable is back on and my car window is being repaired this afternoon. Things are looking a bit better.

1 comment:

christine mtm said...

i was just telling someone how you were my first friend in college. remember i said, i'm tired of meeting people; i want to get to know someone! and you called me and invited me to have some fun.

you'll get there!

sorry about the car. at least you still have your music!